Week 07: Design, Implement, Validate and Evaluate
Class Task and Information
- Lesson 01: Year 8 Python Adventure
- Revision from previous lesson:
- Video Tutorial Files -= What to Do =-
- You will need to view the video file and stop it along the way so you can implement, do what the video files shows you.
- Remember: Information + Action = KNOWLEDGE
- Remember to save your work as you go.
- Implement the code and to start the development of your Text Adventure.
- Remember to ask questions if you are unsure.
- You will need to have all your planning finished to get underway to implement your designs.
- Task: Create the tree structure for your Golden Path
- Create the functions def room01(): for all the rooms
- Define each bubble in your story:
- Remember to include the following function at the top of your code,
- Lesson 02: Year 8 Python Adventure
- Yr 8 Introducing Term 4 to students.
- Option Selection Survey
- Remember the process:
- Continue to develop your code and remember to include some extension functionality to achieve the higher grade bands. This could include and not limited to:
- Number game to exit a room.
- Pick a number dividable by 2 and 5 to escape or open a safe.
- Information given in one room (random number or name) and use in another room.
- Expand on your structure to use the following code to make decisions:
- It is recommended that you use timers to help pause the game to improve the user experience.
- When develop kill/end rooms, ensure the message is clear and allows the user to loop back to the start with a function call after the timer of room00()
- Tutorial: How to use word art in your adventure game: Python - Creating and using ASCII Art in your UI / GUI
- Tutorial: How to use the sleep timer in python: Python - Time Sleep - module
- Tutorial: How to create a duration timer (start time, end time calculation): Python - timer - Creating a timer for duration
Readings / Homework
- Continue coding your designs.
Year 8 Python Adventure
- Mr Marsden will be checking up on your code as you develop your Adventure.