Week 03: Design, Implement, Validate and Evaluate
Class Task and Information
- Understand what are cascading style sheets and how you can
use it to style your website.
- How to use CSS selectors and properties.
- Learn about how to use inline, internal and external CSS.
- Understand CSS coding best practices.
- Learn about CSS sizing methods.
- Learn the anatomy of CSS syntax and structure.
- CSS specificity and implementing style hierarchy.
- Class vs. Ids and how to target each.
- CSS display and how to implement layout.
- Lesson 01:
- Revision of: Low Fidelity, Mid Fidelity and High Fidelity Wire Frames- Designing Web Pages
- Students should have completed all the HTML5 coding tutorials. All URL's need to be emailed to Mr Marsden for verification. (take a moment while the class is starting to email this URL)
- Tutorial 01: Introduction to CSS 3:04
- Tutorial 02: Inline CSS 10:02
- Working with in-line styles
- Save the worked example and place in Shared with Teacher.
- Tutorial 04: Internal CSS 20:22
- Working with internal CSS in the header of the page.
- Implement and save all worked examples.
- Tutorial 05: External CSS 8:29
- This is the method that we will always use when developing websites.
- Working with External CSS
- Implement and save all worked examples and complete the challenges.
- Lesson 02:
- Lesson 03:
Readings / Homework